When you get the keys to your new or certified pre-owned Nissan vehicle from Tri-Star Nissan, instead of a traditional key that you turn to start the ignition, you’ll be given a Nissan Intelligent Key. This technology enables Connellsville and Pittsburgh drivers to start their Nissan engine with the push of a button. It also makes it easier to open and close the vehicle’s doors and trunk when you’ve got your hands full. Learn how to program Nissan Intelligent Keys with these quick step-by-step instructions.
Nissan Intelligent Key Step-By-Step Instructions
- The first step to Nissan Intelligent Key programming is to get in the car with the key, then lock the doors.
- Insert the key into the ignition without starting the car, then remove the key. This should be done between six to 10 times before the key is accepted by the vehicle. When your car accepts the key, the hazard lights will flash twice.
- Now you’re in program mode. Put the key back in the ignition and turn it to activate. Make sure the electrics are turned on but not your engine.
- Immediately press any button on the Nissan Intelligent Key. This needs to be done quickly to be effective.
- Next, you’ll want to test out the Key. Stand a distance away from your Nissan and press any button on the Key. If the lights flash or the horn beeps once, the Nissan Intelligent Key has been successfully programmed.
- You’ll also want to test it in close proximity. Walk up to your Nissan and open the door. You should be able to do this without having to press any buttons.
Contact Our Nissan Service and Parts Center For More
Even though you now know how to program Nissan Intelligent Keys, if you run into any problems, our Tri-Star Nissan service and parts teams are always here to help. Check out our service specials to save on the maintenance you need to keep your Nissan running at its best and learn more about Nissan Roadside Assistance coverage. Contact our Nissan dealership in Uniontown today if you have any questions, or to schedule an appointment near Washington and %%targt_city_5%%!
Want to learn more with our team? Compare the Nissan Rogue vs. Nissan Rogue Sport today, and take a look at Nissan Rogue interior features today.